Graves Motorsports Yamaha R1 FZ10 MT10 High Precision Cam Chain Tensioner
Graves Motorsports Yamaha High Precision Cam Chain Tensioner for the R1 / R1S / R1M 2009-2019, FZ10 2017 and the MT-10 2018-2019 models (also fit all model year Super Tenere). Professionally developed under strict guidelines for use in the Graves Yamaha factory race bikes.
Note: You will need need a replacement timing cover gasket and cam chain tensioner gasket from your local Yamaha dealer.
Cost VS Quality
- Compare our product to the competitions product and the cost
- Adjustment shaft is made of Grade 5 Titanium that is impregnated with Fresh green. The fresh green finish has a hardness of Rockwell 70 and allows titanium to rub against other surfaces without galling
- The shafts are made to 1.0 threads per millimeter allowing the tuner to adjust the tension on the chain to an exact specification = less friction and consistent cam timing = more power.
- The Competitors shaft is made of mild steel all thread material with SAE course thread
Graves Cam Chain Body
- Designed to support the shaft as close to the cam chain running block as possible for maximum shaft support and minimum shaft flex. The body is machined to allow the exact amount of oil exiting the body to minimize over oiling of the valve train area at high rpm. All of this = more power, accurate cam timing and less friction.
- The Competitors Body Designed to hold the shaft and plugs the oil relief hole
Graves’s lock nut
- Made of 7075 T651 and hard anodized for a reliable fit, strong threads, light weight and great looks
- The competitor’s nut course thread steel nut
You can compare the price but you cannot compare the quality. Take both of these to your engine builder and ask them which one they would install in your motor when their reputation is on the line!
- Chuck Graves
Fitment: Yamaha YZF-R1 / R1M / R1S 2009-2019 + FZ10 2017 + MT-10 2018-2019 + Super Tenere (all)