Graves Yamaha R1 R6 Deals Gap Convention
Kennesaw, Ga. (June 2, 2012) Graves Motorsports is proud to host and present the 11th Annual Yamaha R1-Forum and R6-Forum Deals Gap Convention located in and around the world famous Deals Gap Motorcycle Resort. This historic gathering joins hundreds of participants from all over the world. Centered on one of the country’s best motorcycle riding destinations this event showcases a week of riding and fun (the one get together no one should miss)! All motorcycle riders and bikes are welcome we encourage Yamaha owners to take part in this unique experience.
Dates: June 4 -10, 2012 / Resort Location: Nantahala Village 9400 Hwy 19 W Bryson City, NC 28713
Convention Details and Sign up information can be found at www.r1-forum.com and www.r6-forum.com in the convention’s respective sections. All attendees must register online to be eligible for Yamaha Motor / Monster Energy sponsored prizes and gift bags (limited availability*).
Starting Monday June 4, 2012 participants will be able to pick up area information packages courtesy of the North Carolina tourism board. They will contain guides to what is happening locally. We encourage everyone to take part in white water rafting and other local activities when not riding!
Daily Events and Features:
- 8:00am-11:00am Breakfast (3 locations suggested)- Deals Gap Motorcycle Resort www.dealsgap.com - Nantahala Resort (both Mountain Perks Coffee Bar WWW.MTNPERKS.COM and Resort Dining http://www.nvnc.com/)
- 9:15am Daily- Meeting point – front parking lot of Nantahala Resort
- 12:00 Lunch – Deals Gap Motorcycle Resort, Mountain Perks Coffee Bar and surrounding area venues
- 7:30pm-Dark – Gatherings at the Nantahala Resort’s Upper Deck (weather permitting), Phoenix Deck and Featherstone Lounge
- Special Menu items nightly at the Thirteen Moons Restaurant
- Relaxing riverside we suggest “The Pour Over” -See information for band schedule here: http://www.noc.com/noccom/lodging-a-dining/dine-with-us/the-pourover/
Motorcycle.com PHOTO Stop: Friday June 8th - Saturday June 9th all Yamaha R1 and R6 photos from 129Slayer.com (look for Yamaha banners on the gap) will be courtesy of the Motorcycle.com network. Images will be provided after the convention.
Friday June 8, 2012 – 8:00pm Live Band at Thirteen Moons Nantahala Resort
Saturday June 9, 2012 – 7:00pm Location – Deals Gap Motorcycle Resort: Contest prize giveaway. Yamaha sponsored BBQ dinner (signed registered attendees only). Pit Bike racing, event party.
Nantahala Resort still has several Lodge Rooms and Mountain Suites Available last minute show up’s are ENCOURAGED! 800-438-1507
* Event gift bags will be handed out to confirmed registrants on Saturday June 9, 2012 at the final event party located at Deals Gap Motorcycle Resort. They will only be available at this time limited quantities.
This year’s grand prize giveaways will be held through a unique contest. To be eligible you must start a thread in the forums Convention > Contest section located here: http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=234
The rules are simple, no later than 12:00 noon (EST) on Saturday June 9, 2012 start a thread in the contest section (make sure you include your real name in the thread) and do the 12 things listed below. Contestants must be present during the Yamaha dinner to accept the prizes! Entrants will be judged on uniqueness and creativity (i.e.: IMPRESS US!).
- Photograph or video a Graves Motorsports product in and around the convention
- Photograph or video with a Yamaha motorcycle in and around the convention
- Photograph or video with a Monster Energy product / apparel
- Photograph or video at Deals Gap Motorcycle Resort in and around the convention
- Photograph or video at Wheels Over Time Museum
- Photograph or video with 129 Slayer Photography (get creative remember this is your picture not theirs)
- Photograph or video from the Deals Gap overlook
- Photograph or video supporting a North Carolina business
- Photograph or video at Look Rock Tower on the Foot Hills Parkway (past overlook follow signs after lake)
- Photograph or video of “Bass Shaw Grave” (On the dragon, if you don’t know ask somebody. Here’s a hint: Rebel’s Revenge pull off gets you to it)
- Photograph or video of an Elevation sign on the Cherohala Skyway
- Top 3 pictures misc. pictures in and around the convention
Media Outlets: Follow the week’s events through the following outlets
Graves Motorsports Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GravesMotorsports
Graves Motorsports Twitter: https://twitter.com/Gravesport
SpidermanSS Twitter: https://twitter.com/SpidermanSS
Graves Motorsports is a leading motorcycle sport bike parts and accessories manufacturer. Graves Motorsports produces exhaust systems, fender eliminator kits, frame sliders, velocity stacks, engine case covers, engine performance and the leading resource for Dynojet Power Commander + accessories. Graves Motorsports has two locations: Van Nuys, California and Kennesaw, Georgia. Toll Free Sales # 855-994-0990
Use Coupon Code: dealsgap (in the coupon code section on our checkout page for 20% off on all orders over $100 – *Retail customers only- not valid for dealers or works clients). Good until June 11, 2012. www.gravesport.com